- learned the application of federal laws for Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA).
- adopted methods for counseling the 50-plus buyer and sellers
- committed herself to focus on the transaction and avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters
- developed sensitivities to 50-plus issues on priorities when counseling buyers and sellers, showing properties, and managing transactions
- established reputable services that win and sustain client and customer relationships and position his/herself as a trusted real estate advisor
- assembled a team of experts to help serve 50-plus clients and customers
- been educated on the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages
- learned about the uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- gained an understanding of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact 50-plus real estate decisions
- the ability to help clients integrate disposition of real property into estate plans
- the knowledge to recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize 50-plus borrowers
A national program since 1998, the council now has Seniors Real Estate Specialists® in all 50 states and Canada and adds hundreds of new members every month.
***SRES® members are not qualified to give legal or tax advice and the SRES® Council does members are not qualified to give legal or tax advice and the SRES® Council does not guarantee the accuracy of its members’ information. All clients are strongly urged to contact a real estate attorney or certified public accountant to obtain legal or tax advice.
What is “Senior Real Estate Specialist” (SRES)?
Seniors Real Estate Specialists® (SRES) are REALTORS® qualified to address the needs of home buyers and sellers age 50-plus. The SRES® Council awarded the SRES® Designation to Deborah Del Negro for successfully completing the SRES education program.
By earning the SRES® designation, Deborah has demonstrated necessary knowledge and expertise to counsel clients age 50-plus through major financial and lifestyle transitions involved in relocating, refinancing, or selling the family home. She has received special training, gets regular updates, and is prepared to offer the options and information needed in making life changing decisions.
Why Use SRES®?
As a Seniors Real Estate Specialist®, Deborah is experienced and knowledgeable in meeting your specific needs and that can make all the difference in the world.
As we age, we demand specialists in our health needs, so why not in our housing and equity needs as well?
A SRES® brings:
- A customized approach to your situation; an SRES®works with how your living situation fits into your overall plan
- Expertise and patience without condescension
- An awareness of options and solid, reliable referrals for specific situations to explore those options
- A variety of choices to reduce out of pocket expenses, gain cash, or create or defer income streams to either stay independent or finance assistance.
How Can a Seniors Real Estate Specialist® Help Me?
As a SRES®, Deborah can help you make wise decisions about selling the family home, financing, buying rental property, or managing the capital gains and tax implications of owning real estate, among many other issues. In addition to guiding clients to the right experts on tax laws, probate, estate planning, and a variety of equity conversion strategies, Deborah can offer her clients relevant information on current trends in senior real estate transactions.
The SRES® Designation course seeks to instill each student with the knowledge and understanding of, and empathy for, 50-plus real estate clients and customers, while educating students on developing the business building skills and resources needed for specialization in the 50-plus real estate market.